Monday, February 11, 2008

Mondays

I slept in this morning. Weekends are supposed to be restful but I find they usually are so busy that I'm tired on Monday. Today I need to create a test for the girls American government class, exercise, walk the dog and prepare all the rest of our home school lessons for this week. There is still a small pile of pants to hem on top of my sewing machine, that's on the kitchen floor collecting dust. The Tai Bo DVD is sitting on the DVD player shouting, "play me" jump around and sweat buckets. Instead I am sitting in the recliner sipping delicious french roast coffee, and figuring out this blog thing.
My husband just called to tell me he loves me. Right. "what do you want me to do?" is my reply ha ha. The girls do the same thing. Make me laugh, tell me you love me and I'll shine your shoes, seems way to easy. That's the way grandmas are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know y'all were raising your granddaughters!!! My how things change! Hey... I remember your magazine perfect house! LOL! Remember two of my kids were baptized there! Oh... you've made me miss MS and y'all big time today!

We homeschooled the girls until last year (11th grade). E-mail me because I've got some excellent curriculum in sets of two and I can't remember how old your granddaughters are!

Elysa said...

Hi Karen---

Good to see a 2nd post on Fresh Fixins. Just keep posting and experimenting with stuff and before you know it, you'll have a lot figured out. If Kelly and I can figure out the bloggy world, then I KNOW you can!

No offense, Kelly, if you're reading this. ;)

Love you!
Elysa

Julie said...

Found your blog through Laughter Always Helps - sounds like you are a very busy woman!

Welcome to the blogger world!!!

Flea said...

Wow, you really ARE a baby blogger! Congratulations on your win. :)