Sunday, February 8, 2009
10 Juicy Honest Things
The Good Flea awarded me this in the beginning of February. Another month is flying by,..and I am trying to catch up with all the things that need doing. You know how it is. So this award is one of those you must do such and such to have it. Since it was the FLEA who gave it to me I just have to play along. The must do's are to tell you ten things you don't already know. This is a tough challenge. I mean what isn't here already? Poo story on the back of the bus in Colombia. Dog stories to bawl your eyes out over. Favorite eats to drool over and assorted stories of family etc,.. so um let's see 10 juicy things.
1. I have not always been a Christian. I was raised in the Lutheran church and would not have called myself an unbeliever, atheist , or agnostic, or any other such term; but I had not known a life changing experience with God until I was 30 years old.
2. For a smart girl I can be dumb. I am the one who stands there saying, "What just happened, who did? when? where was I?" Yeah, it's true, totally pathetic, and pitiful, really. I know it's sad.
3. I have two brothers only one is living. I never had a sister so I adopt my best friends. Lucy is as close as a sister could be and just as bossy, maybe bossier. Debbie is pretty close too and we kinda look alike, especially when I was younger. When my mom called to tell me that her baby was another brother I started crying and said, "I don't believe you." Then when I saw him I fell madly in love.
4. I never liked poodles. I made fun of them along with everybody else. I love dogs and had such bad asthma we couldn't have any pets. A friend told me about standard poodles, and then another friend had a litter and that's how my best friend came into my life. He was amazing even as a puppy. They are beautiful you know, they look like poetry in motion.
5. I loved rock and roll. I wore white pants to a Day on the Green rock concert and didn't get dirty. I danced for the whole concert. I went to a lot of those. One of the very best was Loggins and Messina. Yes, I was wild and stupid, I did have a lot of fun in a miserable kind of way.
6. I paid $200 for my first vehicle a 1953 Chevy pickup truck, and it was totally stinkin cool.
7. I have been backpacking in Yosemite National Park.
8. I never learned to ride a horse but would've run off with Sam Elliot if the opportunity would have presented itself.
9. I like to clean house, decorate, and I love the smell of soap. How boring, how OCD, how whatever....it is true, even if it's not juicy.
10. When I did meet Jesus at 30 years of age, He changed me forever. I have never been so excited about anyone in all my life. I will never forget the peace that flooded over me in waves as I played Amazing Grace by Judy Collins over and over again on a record player. I had a load of guilt to lay down, and it left me. Jesus said he came for the sick, and that those who are forgiven much, love much. It's true, He did, I was, and I do, until the day I die and see him face to face. What a day that will be.
Now, I get the fun and pleasure of spreading this little goody around and finding ten things out about you. You know you want to tell.
1. Kathy,... come on tell more about the cowboy.
2. Heidi,..just because this award just suits you, you should have it.
3. Kelly,...Coffee Bean will have to dig really deep for 10 new things.
4. Angela...no videos you have to write about it!
5. Farmchick...because your cool.
6. Karen... just because, and you could probably tell 10 things about Micah you have so much to write about.
7. Jeri..because you need something positive so much has gone wrong, and you have a shining sense of humour under adversity.
8. Cathy at Noble Pig because she never plays these and maybe she will.
PS. The first 3 12 hour shifts are done. I was nearly dead myself I was so tired. But I am determined to learn this. To many doors are closed without this training and my preceptor is absolutely wonderful. We are the same age. She is an excellent nurse and is very positive and reassuring. I am going to learn a lot if it doesn't kill me. Do hard things, right? This week is all critical care classes. Hope my brain works.