Friday, October 30, 2009

The State of Things, Gadgets and Gizmos

In every kitchen I have ever commandeered I have had one of these; the junk drawer. I try very hard when I open it not to really LOOK at it. I just go for whatever may be in there, like a rubber band. This morning I stopped and gazed. The thought occurred to me to just open the trash and dump the whole thing in there. I mean really, what IS all this stuff?

Tapes of multiple types, candles-( not supposed to be in here)- bag clips- transistor radios, remnants from living in California, you know earthquake country- night lights not is use- bulbs- scissors-yeah stuff all right.

For one thing it is a little bit of first aid stuff, and some tools and some gadgets and some gizmos, you know the essential junk of living. I did not throw the whole kit and kaboodle in the trash. Maybe I should have.

I did find a small candle that does not go in this drawer. I tossed out some junk like the pens that probably don't have any ink and straightened the rest of the junk up.

The candle goes in this drawer; cripes it could be a long day.

So what are the state of your drawers? It has obviously been awhile since I opened some of mine!

I need a job, this is getting bad.

9 comments:

joanne said...

maybe you could get a job organizer other peoples junk drawers, closets, etc. I would hire you in a second...I have many junk drawers..;p

Mental P Mama said...

LOL. You have a drawer for candles? I have too many drawers and too much junk. But I like that I am commandeering them just like you;)

Rosie_Kate said...

Funny, I was just thinking of dumping my junk drawer as well...

Then it occurred to me to have a "junk-drawer" giveaway at my blog. But then I thought... "ummm... maybe not."

WudWerkr said...

whats in my drawers??? my my arnt we getting personal ROFL Im tellin antonio banderas on you ! lol Seriously we have a junk "area" under the stairs . its called the rat hole ! And i am fairly sure there is living stuff under there !

Karen said...

Junk drawers are the bain of my existence. We have TWO in our kitchen. One is mine and the other is my husband's. Maybe you could come clean mine as well.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I can't clean out the junk drawer. There's stuff in there that I might need one day. tee hee
Don't think of it as being unemployed. Think of it as the opportunity to PURGE!
Happy Halloween!!

Unknown said...

ooh me me, pick me....I actually organised my junk drawer for the first time ever recently, and it turned out sooo well that I took a picture to send to my sister!lol!

and since you are asking for pics on my blog, this week, I'll post it!
:-)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Does every house have a junk drawer? One of my grandaughter's loves my junk drawer and when she's been here, rummaging through it, it won't close! I think I need to dump it too but then what would she do, seeing an empty drawer?

Unknown said...

I have 3 junk drawers. I try not to open them at all costs : )