Friday, July 9, 2010

Getting Out of the House!


Not to far from here live a vera vera nice family who have a little farm. I thought a nice ride to the country would do me a world of good. They said,"Come on!"

This sweet jersey milk cow provides enough milk and rich cream for about 8 families. I get some too.
You probably can't tell but she has a bum foot, nothing can be done to fix it and it doesn't seem to bother her.  The foot however inspired her name,

*ILean*

get it?

We took a walk and saw a REAL garden.

I almost didn't post this because of all that white fat glaring in the sun. You'll notice I posed behind the extra wide buggy.

Inside the buggy is a little baby dumplin.

Are your lips puckering up?

They should be because she is adorable.

What was I thinkin not to get some close ups of her toes?

Shame on me, next time.
One little garden patch.

Just teasin it's humongous!

and pretty.
With flowers that get sold at the Farmer's Market.

Maybe I have missed my calling.

I need to be a farmer and go sell at the market.

Flowers and bread.

They don't allow any more home canning which is just plain stupid. You mean to really believe that a factory is cleaner than my house?

I ain't thinkin so.

just sayin....

I brought home one of these.
A box of tomatoes.
More cream and milk.
Tomorrow I am going to make butter out of the cream. You have never lived until you taste it.
We had a good time. I munched on the baby and kissed all her little fat pudgy luvin spots. She is ADORABLE. I think the cure to any sadness is baby sugars. All the kids are so sweet an so well behaved they are a pleasure to be around. They shared lunch we ate sandwiches with tomatoes of course, and home made pickles, home made blueberry jelly, and watermelon. We got stuffed. Her son prayed the sweetest prayer before lunch and thanked God for providing all the wonderful food that grows and for me coming to visit. Awh*sigh* love tank filling up.
 It was a great afternoon.


Topped off with a sinful sweet. Banana blueberry pudding. Just toss in a few blueberries when you make yours. As you can see, I am definitely not on a diet at the moment. Well I guess I am, it's a seafood see*food diet.
See it and eat it.
Yeah that was bad.

But I'm adjusting to my new life of empty nest, so I am allowed a stupid joke or two, don't you think?
What are you doing this weekend?

I am making salsa, bread, and butter.

13 comments:

Rita said...

Could you tell me where to buy these lovely zinnia seeds. What nice flowers you have. I have bought from 2 companies Burpee's and Park and neither have produced good results. Thank you so much for any help you are willing to give.
Have a beautiful day!

Twisted Fencepost said...

This weekend? Hmmmm....we are gonna finish up that fence and let the horses into a new field. I can't wait. I just hope the temps cool down a bit. Dang it's hot over here!

Jeanie said...

Sounds like your outing was just what you needed. Your pictures are great.
This weekend? Kids baseball and a family birthday get together for several of our birthdays tonight.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

SO glad you had a great day. I loved this post... everything from ILean to to the humongous garden to the cute baby sugar to the puddin'! YUM!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Julie Harward said...

Looks like a great day and that dessert looks just wonderful to me! :D

Karen Deborah said...

Rita I originally bought a selection of seeds from Cooks Garden. I shared with my farmer friends and they shared back. These seeds came from the farm. I'll collect as they dry this year and can probably send you some. Did your irises do anything this year?

Rita said...

Karen Deborah,
Thank you so much for sending me seeds when you can. I am so surprised that you remembered the irises. I had all intentions of planting them but life happened and didn't get it done. I am going to research and see if I can plant them this fall. I gave my aunt the start years ago and now she will be giving a start back to me. :) My earlier irises rotted I think because I used mulch around them. I didn't know not to at the time.

Karen Deborah said...

Rita
You can plant them in the fall. They do not like to be deep in the ground or mulched. If you get that right you can't kill them. If they look all shriveled up and dried out you can still plant them as long as they are firm. Have fun with your flowers! It took me a bit but then i realized you must be the Rita who is my "lurker" you've been reading my blog for a long time now!!! And yes I do remember you.
KD

Tatersmama said...

Awww... it looks like a wonderful day, and I'm glad you got to get your fill of "baby sugars"! There isn't anything any sweeter, is there? I can have the worst day, but just pick up a sweet little baby, (even if they're screamin' their lungs out) and the day just suddenly feels so much righter.
Well, if 'righter' is a word, that is!

Great photos - and IMO, you didn't need to hide behind that buggy! You look fantastic, girl!

Mental P Mama said...

Oh my! Banana puddin'!!! I think you should definitely sell bread and veggies! And you are allowed all manner of jokes. Hugs to you...OOOOO

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Sooo glad to see you are doing well. It is amazing how positive things like babies and flowers can chase away even the most depressing circumstances.

The banana pudding looks quite yummy--good thing they made a lot because that there is second and third helping food!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Yes, you should have taken pictures of that baby's piggies. And that garden! Holy Moley. Do we have your banana pudding recipe?

Anonymous said...

How cool! You need to take me out there with you next time I'm in town. And leave me there. Forever.