Friday, June 21, 2013

I'm Not the Only One Asking ,"IF?"

Yesterday a group of women that I have been reading announced a conference they are planning to do in Feb 2014.
https://www.facebook.com/IFgathering?fref=ts

I am excited because God is on the move. He is moving in the hearts of women. I find it interesting that Jesus appeared to women first when he was raised from the dead. It was women who did not leave him at the cross. It was women who tended his body.

God is speaking to a lot of us. These women are known they have published books, they have united to raise awareness about the plight of our sisters and their dying children. Their hearts are stirred to do something about it. Just like mine is.

When they first posted about the conference they aimed it at young women. I signed up anyway. I might be 57 but God is speaking to me about this exact thing. In fact he isn't just speaking He is BREAKING MY HEART over it! I belong there.

I think God is raising up an army. He is raising up an army of mothers. He is calling on those who have babies and have raised children and cannot imagine what it would be like to have
ABSOLUTELY NOThiNG to feed your baby or children with.

There are those of us who cannot stand to hear a hungry baby cry. WE cannot close our eyes to women so thin they have no milk.
We cannot turn away from the plight of our neighbors anymore.

JESUS said this, "The greatest commandments are these to love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your mind; and the second is like it, to love your neighbor as yourself."

Who is our neighbor?
http://youtu.be/hSqG6P8tF2E

neigh·bor

[ney-ber] Show IPA
noun
1.
a person who lives near another.
2.
a person or thing that is near another.
3.
one's fellow human being: to be generous toward one's less fortunate neighbors.
4.
a person who shows kindliness or helpfulness toward his or her fellow humans: to be a neighbor to someone in distress.
5.
(used as a term of address, especially as a friendly greeting to a stranger): Tell me, neighbor, which way to town?
 
According to Jesus there are no strangers. We teach our children to be afraid of people, not to talk to anyone, to be safe and there is a point to that; but what about this?
What about go for the gusto?
What about he who dies with the most toys wins?
He who dies with the most toys just dies, there is no U-Haul behind any hearse.
 
We can't take it with us. We only have here and now and our neighbors. We have, we are rich. Everyone here is rich. Even our poor are not really poor, our hungry aren't starving to death. We do have pockets of severe poverty. However, it rains here, we can grow food. We do not have a nation in famine. 
 
 http://lifetoday.org/about-life/

We do not sit in the dirt and watch our children die.

I can't look anymore. I can't spend money on this.
Grooming is $68 now. Dog food, heart worm prevention, flea prevention, vet care, etc...

This is extravagance to me. Sammie's groomer wants him. I have been thinking about this for awhile. I did not ask her she asked me. She wants a dog that will get on her bed and sleep with her and get up on the couch. She lives in the country with a huge fenced yard and has two other friendly dogs. Neither of her dogs is very affectionate they like to play and just be dogs. She is a groomer and never could afford a poodle and has always wanted one. She thinks Sam is the most beautiful poodle she has ever seen.

Are you kidding me?  Talk about a great rescue story and a happily ever after :) yeah this works for me. Since her store is near my house she will bring Sam over for visits to spend the day. Just like Roman I get to be is extended family.  I love this.

I am hoping that this will also appease my husband. I hope he will endorse Mercy. I am hanging onto my heart for dear life with this hound dawg. She has her winsome ways. I could let her go to a forever home too, but it would make me cry. It would.

More importantly though are these children who DO make me cry.
More importantly are my neighbors and sisters and those who suffer and hurt.

http://amazima.org/

Katie got it. Katie left the education, the gorgeous fiancee, the cute convertible car, the life of entitlement and wealth. She left it because her heart broke. Now she has adopted 14 orphans and is busy every day all day giving love. She is FULL.

The question for me and for you and for all of us is what makes us full?

What is it that really satisfies us?

How long does the kick from the new shoes last? OR the chocolate? Or the sex? Name your poison.
How long does it last, that little happy feeling, brief as a snow flake, and just as transient.

What is lasting? What brings joy?

I believe in Jesus and I am not ashamed of the gospel. For to those who are perishing it is foolishness but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Jesus said, I AM the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE! He said to love your neighbor.
He said that to lose your life is to find it.
He told us to be peacemakers.
He asks us to give our coat if we have two.

He is LOVE and you can always trust the red letters. The ones that are his words.

He is calling now. He is raising up an army of women. An army to feed, to love, and to change the world. Do you want to join?

 

3 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

I can only say AMEN, girl!

Heather said...

Hey good to catch up with you it has been awhile!! Ugh I hear ya on the grooming I do it all myself I would never pay anyone to groom Lucy she is 100$ to get a groom!! God for sure has an important place and purpose and calling for women we are nurturers and comforters like Jesus and there are a lot of hurting people in the world who need TLC ~Take care my friend Love Heather

imbeingheldhostage said...

Brilliant post! Looks like you've been doing some serious spiritual introspection :)