Monday, June 3, 2013

Renovate Renovate Dance With A Paint Brush

 

 It's been a busy, hot, WET, spring here.
 The hubbins built a NEW arbor and I stained it. I missed the other one.
 We are working on a exterior paint job. When it's hot and humid you can only paint early and late or your paint will slide off it seems that way because I am a puddle too. It took me a long time to chose colors. This is in progress and not finished yet. When I am finished there won't be ANY white. I think it's going to look really good and since it's my house, I am all about pleasing me.
 The color of the doors, siding hasn't been painted yet it looks really blue next to the grey.
 Repainting the light fixtures.
 New shutters and I would like Jimmy to re trim the front door and stain it to match, well see he is hemmin and hawin about it.
 He built a table and we stained it.
 The colors in the carport ceiling.
IT'S STARTING TO COME TOGETHER.

I want to stain the concrete in the front and the back. The carport won't be screened in but it will look more like a patio and be calm, cool looking in appearance, and inviting. When I'm done y'all come over.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great project, Karen! Just a friendly reminder, make sure that you use the best paint for your renovations. When the paint easily peels off, it can be harmful to your family. Anyway, you have a very nice exterior and I'm pretty sure that you can make it more fabulous. :D

ContractorExpress.com

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, how I wish I could. You are doing a wonderful job. Looks GREAT.

XO,

Sheila

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see it when you get finished!

Kat said...

Wow. You've been busy! So many projects going on. And you're doing a fabulous job! Beautiful!

Kristopher said...

I wonder how you managed to finish all these! I commend you for achieving a lot of great changes in your home and I'm pretty sure that you still have a lot in store for your readers. How's your home redo now? I hope you can direct me to your grand reveal. :)

BlairGCRoofing.com