Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Certifiably Nuts



NOBODY



NOBODY

Decorates a tree,...






And then buys a new one and switches it out. Unless you are Karen Deborah. It's even better than that. This tree looks real, like a Noble Fir. The color and the branches look very natural, it almost feels natural. I don't know if you can tell from the photos, but there is a HUGE difference between my Charlie Brown tree and this one.

This is the new tree. The lights are off so you can see the tree. The other tree picture was with lights on so be fair. Just check out this amazing tree!

I also went to a great deal of trouble to get it. There was only one left in all of Jackson MS. I know because I checked all the stores here and online. There was one tree on display and the sales people had told me I couldn't buy it. I decided to go to the manager. I told him, "I WANT TO BUY this tree. I don't care if you have a box. I don't care if you don't warranty it. I really want to buy this tree!" I also told him that I had checked the Internet and every store in MS. He looked at me and said, "OK you can have it." GOOD MAN! GREAT MAN! Now that is customer service. Yippeeee!!! OMG now I have to pay for this. Well alright then.

It really wasn't a difficult chore to switch them. Piglet helped me to scoot the little tree very gently out of it's spot. I then put the grande, tres magnificat Noble Fir in place, and then just started moving the ornaments. It didn't take long.
Next, what to do with the Charlie Brown tree? Well, I had an idea. In the south everybody comes in the back door. Your front porch can be decorated to the 9's and look fantabolous; but maybe no one will use the front door. It can happen.
I set up the tree near the back door. It makes the back entrance look very inviting and cozy! We are set up like the Griswolds! We have the decoration thing going on here!

OK so now you know, I set up the tree twice; and yes, I am unique.



Onward to the outdoors.

15 comments:

Cindy said...

That sounds like something I would do!!! Too funny! They both look like nice trees to me!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I'm still enjoying the company of Pilgrims . . . but, Friday's coming. Still too beautiful outdoors to be inside packing and dusting and unpacking and dusting again. (By the time I come in from the garden and shower I'm too tired to think about sleighbells and such.) I'll gaze at your pretty tree(s) and get inspired. : D

Becky said...

I never doubted the unique in you. I must admit the tree I have now was the display. I think your new tree is gorgeous!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness, it is really gorgeous. I LOVE your outdoors,,that arbour(is that the proper name,lol), is SO beautiful. I really want one, badly..What ivy is on it,,,I like the idea of the Charlie Brown tree in the back porch. It must look so pretty Karen. Your just so MARTHA STEWART girl!! ((hugs))

Unknown said...

I love your new tree. It looks real : ). I like real : ). I also love that you decorated the back door. I mean, if that is where the people come, it would be silly not to!

We have to get moving on ours. We were going to go cut one down on Sunday when Gary got home from work but it was raining!

Hopefully we can get one soon. Last year we got it a little early and there were needles ALL over the floor. That was traumatic!

Karen said...

Last year I bought a new tree in the after-holiday sale. I then proceeded to take down the tree that I had, put up the new one, and fully decorate it. AFTER Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are beautiful!!! I like the idea of putting tres in unexpected places. In fact, I put up a small one in my garage over Thanksgiving......we had SO many people over that I set up tables and chairs out there so we could all eat together!!!!

The Griswolds ROCK:)

Brenda said...

Even up close it looks real! Your outside is very pretty too! I am slowly working on ours. SLOWLY!

Brenda said...

Even up close it looks real! Your outside is very pretty too! I am slowly working on ours. SLOWLY!

farmlady said...

Good for you, girl! Now I need to go pull out all the "stuff". Love the ideas and the photos. Isn't Christmas wonderful?

Anonymous said...

Hey awesome, twice the fun, it's beautiful...the manager knew you had to have it!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

so since you have TWO trees up does that mean I can get by with NO tree this year??? sigh i am out voted AGAIN by hubby and daughter who BOTH insisit I can not cancel christmas... heck All i want to do is cancel the comercial part...sigh.

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

2 trees--cool! Seems like you are a woman that gets things accomplished once she sets her mind to it!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I am having the strangest sensation over here. I came by earlier today and barely saw a post and Miss Ky came in and had destroyed something, so I shut it down, and now I am confused. I could've SWORN I commented on this post...so then I scroll down.. are you trying to freak me out?
Ok, the charlie Brown tree was switched and I was fooled. I thought it looked fantastic. :-)

Anonymous said...

Is it a Karen thing? I have been wanting a 9' tree for several years but won't pay the price. Found one in the local thrift store, complete with light for $75 Bought it, brought it home, set it up and moved all the ornaments from tree number 1. LOL Karen