Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Miss You

I miss you. I miss all the little comments and visiting my favorite blogs. I am just too tired these days to have any ideas. My mind is full of lab values, and ventilators. I am entering the big league world of medicine and it's really difficult. I have tunnel vision.

I did take a break and get my hair done, do you like it? It's really short now but when you get up at 4:30 am that can be a good thing.


We did have a nice treat today. My friend brought over her big baby Rasmus, actually he's a black standard poodle puppy. He's not related to my boy but he sure does feel like he is. Even the girls think so. He is adorable. I helped her trim his face. It was the first time he had his face clipped and he was a wiggly wiggler; it was a challenge! He's so cute it was fine.


We also had a baby shower to attend. I had crocheted a baby blanket and Kayla had painted a baby dish at the ceramics store. We have been painting at that shop and it is so relaxing! I have found a new form of therapy. I really enjoy it, what a forgiving medium to express some artistic feeling in. I think anyone can paint ceramics and enjoy the results. I'm painting bugs. Hee hee. Actually I painted a dragonfly, and made a travel mug. I think maybe I like bold color because I seem to chose it almost every time we paint something. This shop offers such reasonable prices that I'd like to go every week!




Our ride to the party was absolutely lovely. Kayla snapped dozens of photos of dogwoods in full bloom. Usually this time of year is sunny. We are having pouring down rains and clouds mixed with all these blooming things. The wisteria are in full bloom, I love their fragrance.


My husband took me out to dinner on wednesday first time in ages. We have been on the economy plan. It was so wonderful to just sit and look at him and enjoy food that I hadn't cooked and eat on dishes that I wasn't going to wash. Awhhh, the pause that refreshes. I think when we don't have those experiences as often they are more special and savored a bit more for the preciousness of a lovely experience. There was a bit of humour in our evening. The manager stopped by our table to ask if everything was good. My husband had fairly devoured a shared portion of Tiramasu. He looked up and started in,"That was the worst tiramasu I have ever eaten and I don't know how you could serve something like that." The manager looked at him and said, "For a man who prays over his food you sure are a good liar." They both busted out laughing. If they were watching him eat that desert they knew he was loving it, and next to desert the only thing he enjoys more is a prank.

This evening the sheets are calling for an early turn in and to slumber and dream. The rain is still coming down, the house is warm and my eyelids are heavy. Goodnight friends.

13 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

I daresay your hubby and mine would surely get along...Vents are mental drainers...but it gets easier...
Take care of you... love the hair cut too..
HUGS Laura

Unknown said...

I love your new do! And I take my grandkids to Color Me Mine to make stuff for their parents as gifts. It's so special and they do a great job.

I'm glad you got a treat and had dinner out! Sleep tight!

Flea said...

Sleep well, friend. :) And I like your new do.

Heidi said...

I miss you TOO!!!!! Take care of yourself and you will find that this will be a routine after a short time. It will take a while though - I worked 12's like that and after a few months, it was a cake walk - and nice to have so many more days off!!

Angela said...

Good morning!! Oh that dog is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I brought Tigger over for you to cut his hair. Randy did a TERRIBLE job,,you should see his face..I can't even bear to take a pic of it to share with anyone,,,He sorta looks like he has a mohawk...oh, my darling husband...

((hugs))) Beautiful pic of you and your friends...

MaBunny said...

Sounds like you had a great evening out with the hubby! It is nice to not have to cook once in a while or do the dishes.
Love the new do! you are correct that when getting up that early in the morning nothing easier than being able to slam it up or just brush it!

Anonymous said...

You shared the tiramisu? I'm disappointed! I never share dessert:) Ever.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I miss you too . . . and the bloggy thing just doesn't satisfy when you've had a real Karen-Deborah HUG!!!!

Cute hair! Gary saw the pic and said, "Karen looks good." WOW!!! The man never likes shorter hair. He usually says, "Grow some hair." You rate with him . . . and always have. ; D

I'm off at play in the gardens most days lately AND IT IS WONDERFUL! NOt much blogging for me when the daffodiuls and magnolias sing a chorus in the green meadows of this fragment of Eden.

Had a fabulous Mexican dinner here at home last night. Girls surprised us. (Rachel had set the table with super-deluxe fancy napkin folds -- who knew she knew how?) It was delicious! I like a good restaurant now and again, but homecooked is best for me (especially when I didn't cook it). Then I had a 2-hour massage.

Okay I'm leaving now to finish up the dishes from last night . . . (but it was so worth it!) : D

imbeingheldhostage said...

I would love to be in attendance for one of his pranks-- that's my kind of humour. Your do is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I think your hair looks very nice, and I think the pottery painting would be so much fun. Wish we had a place like that near!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Wow--I love your hair! You look very nice with shorter hair. I'm with you--the short hair makes for very easy mornings, less to mess with.

I miss reading your posts and I hope you can find time to post more.

I love pottery painting too! I took a class once and got hooked. One day I would like to do that again when there is a ceramics place again.

Unknown said...

I love your new hair cut! You look lovely. Your pottery is beautiful. Kaish went to a Birthday Party at a pottery place on Saturday. It was lovely.

Jean said...

I was scrolling down through your posts and saw the photo of what looks like to me the Dogwoods blooming. When we lived in Kentucky on the farm, we'd walk in the woods in the spring - the Dogwoods were so lovely - an unforgetable experience. We don't have that here in the desert, although, the desert does have beauty. Thanks for sharing the Dogwood photo.

Jean