Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Surprises

We awoke to a blanket of soft white fluffy stuff all over the FLOWERS! It's been warm enough last week that it was a big temptation to flip the heater over to the AC, and then....WHAMMO. Last night it sounded like our little house might just blow away to the land of OZ, and not a pair of ruby slippers in the house. No sirreee no red shoes at all. The snow has already melted, but not the chill, so back out with some nice heavy warm sweatshirts and soft woolly socks. I thankfully did cover my hydrangeas before going to bed last night. They have budded and have very tender new leaves. They are protected and will hopefully make it threw this little roar of the lion of March.

Our TV is officially off. It's kind of weird and kind of nice. I actually took the time to load my little 6 CD player and put it on shuffle to have a little nice music in the background, a lovely touch if I don't say so myself. I love music but my man tires of it. If he enjoyed it, we'd never a minute of silence.
Think I'll be going to the library a bit more often, at least to take Tigger.

The message I heard today was "fear not," the coming of the Lord is not the blessed fear, it's the blessed hope! That's right it is, smile, sigh...

We have had a very fun filled few days off. Isn't that alliteration?

Went to a party. Played the write 2 things true and one thing false game and had to guess who it was. Nobody guessed anybody but me. I wrote that I would've run off with Sam Elliott as my false and everybody thought it was true, including my loving man! Go figure. 53 years old and still way to easy to figure out. I really wouldn't run off with him, but he IS easy on the eyes. I'm a sucker for real cowboys.

We had friends over, a little spontaneous get together. Luckily I had a big left over casserole and a salad already fixed. They don't mind leftovers at all, so we had a nice time! Would you ever serve people leftovers? Am I crazy? My friends don't mind my leftovers, they'll eat anything I have. Guess they just aren't picky.

I also got to sleep in one day until 11:00, I know Jeri that it isn't fair to even mention it. I think my job is almost as tiring as Miss Ky, those 12 hour shifts are looooonnnnng.

This week my goal is to do well at work. Fall asleep early, 4:30am comes so fast. Take some purty pictures for my bloggy buddies and write a happy post. Wish me luck! Or better yet blessings, or good tidings of great joy, or a pep talk, or forgettta bout it. Ya'll have a good week.

12 comments:

Heidi said...

HEY BABY!! 12 hour shifts are long, but I loved them. Only because I figured those extra days' off, were golden because I had all those hours instead of only the evenings.... make sense? probably not. I will pray for you some more this week that your strength will be renewed and that Sam Elliot shows up at your door!! *snort*

Unknown said...

We went from 80 degrees to 45 degrees in one day. I never know what to wear anymore. I love leftover casseroles!

Susiewearsthepants said...

We got snow here too. The girls were excited, but disappointed that it didn't snow on a school day. Hope you had a great weekend.

Kathy said...

Hugs and Blessings!
Glad to know you have gotten some well earned rest. I love the idea of serving leftovers. I had friends over for liver&onions once and my daughters thought I was crazy. But my friends were fellow liver&onion lovers.
I read your previous post but was unable to comment at that time. It was a fabulous writing and I am honored that you share with us, allowing us to get to know you better. You rock sister!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Oh you southern folks and your WE'RE COLD sniveling pffftttt...

Crazy to serve leftovers? Yeah right. Thems some of the best grub I ever ate, them there leftovers. I would love to go eat leftovers at your house anytime!

I hope you have a pain-free, non-tiring, productive week at work. Take care of yourself, O.K.?

MaBunny said...

oh yeah, i'd give good friends leftovers - because otherwise they would just be digging in your fridge and get them anyway!
Glad you got to sleep in and we too got the arctic blast but no snow... it dropped from 86 to 29 by friday night!

Unknown said...

12 hour shifts are insanely long. Oh my goodness! I don't know how you do it. God. That's how : ). I am so glad you covered your hydrangea's before the snow! We are getting some right now too. I am kind of tired of it. Very, very tired! Hope you meet your goals this week!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

What a fun snowy surprise! Our wind blows and the rain drops by the bucket, but I smile and tottle around inside baking bread, reading, tidying, reading, discussing life with the kiddoes, reading, eating, reading . . . It's nice to have "weather" while retaining power and such.

I have served "leftovers" (but only with a fancy makeover). Serendipitous entertaining is FUN and stress-free. It means that your guests can't bear to leave (they didn't come just for the food). I like to hear that you are celebrating life every day.

Don't work too hard! : D

Mrs. Mom said...

Miss Karen- shoot me an email, please? So that I may send you an invite to the Journal? Complications created a need to privatize it for a while, but I would very much like to include you in the insanity!
swequine@yahoo.com

Karen said...

March is not my favorite month. I'm just ready for spring, not the back and forth stuff.

Debra said...

Good for you for creating goals that will make you a healthier person!

Hugs,
Debbie

Michelle said...

Rest up and enjoy while you are off work. I can't imagine what a long day a 12 hour shift can make.