Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Big Decisions Ahead

We toured a Christian college campus today. It was truly an inspirational day. I felt like a child of Israel viewing the promised land. The question is if we believe that God will provide this for our darling girl. I told her you must begin the process for Him to work. The first step to go on mission is to buy a passport. The first step to going to college is filling out an application.
We are too late for financial aid but not for God's aid. We need a hundred percent financing, a supernatural college plan. It can happen.

To help with the budget the Lord has directed me to make a sacrifice of my own. I am looking for a home for Lu. She is well trained now. I would feel good about her going to another home as she has quit her pee habits and is secure. She is a bit shy, but she is not mean. Please pray for the right home for her. She is a great dog. The money I spend on food and grooming and vets is needed for these girls. We have a lot to do. When they are grown and their futures are secure I may yet get to have my country place and poodles. The Lord has shown me that the time is not now. The time now is for these two beautiful young women.
I was so impressed with the school I was seriously thinking of living in a trailer.
I was a pregnant teenager, my daughter was a pregnant teenager. By the time she was 19 she had both of these girls. She had Piglet when she was 16. To have two young women in my family that are good students and committed to God is a blessing beyond anything else that I have received. Their futures are our brightest hope.

Sacrifices for them are joy, not sorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good person...if I only had one ounce of your faith...

Karen Deborah said...

It's there for the asking. I am not a good person. I know my heart.

Susiewearsthepants said...

I know exactly what you mean. When Melissa finished out her first year of high school with 4.0 GPA, I was so proud. Proud that even though I had her when I was 16 and have raised her alone that I have been blessed with such a wonderful daughter. Every milestone is extra special for me, I think because I really appreciate how lucky I am. You truly strike me as being a wonderful role model and inspiration. I hope your girls have a bright and wonderful future!

Anonymous said...

Oh... we are stepping out into the college thing and we don't have the money worked out yet... scary place to be in! I will be praying that you find just the right home for Lu! I may soon be spending my days on the corner with a sign that reads, "Will Work for Food."

Kathy said...

It will all work out! I am sure. How exciting for her to be starting out on this new chapter. I understand about Lu, and that you are willing to part with her, BUT I am hoping things will work out that you can keep her in your family.