Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chiggers or No See Ums?

We are having a blast. However I am scratching like a banchee. I am eaten alive under my boobaloobas and my feet, including in between my toes. Bug food, walking bug food.Not sure which bug it is but it's something little and itchie!
It is spectacularly beeyoootiful! Every afternoon we have a little lightening and thunder shower which keeps everything green and luscious. The coconuts are ripe, the kids cut some open and drank the milk. I told them the Survivor guy says they have a laxative effect. Their kids they can deal with it.
The kids have been playing Mad Libs which are totally funny. I laughed so hard I had an asthma attack, totally worth every guffaw!
Last night I made a huge pot of spaghetti with homemade sauce full of red wine, it was yummy. The mushrooms, fresh bell peppers and ground sirloin also added to the flavors. We warmed up a couple of baguettes and made a fresh salad of organic baby greens, spinach and veggies. It was lovely. Everyone enjoyed it. We sat under a palapa (spelling?) grass hut open area and had salsa music for mood setting. We brought the camera but not the downloading wire so the picchas will be later.
I have found out on this trip that my two nephews have RAD, amazing how God works and goes before so I have shared with their mom about Brenda's blogsite.

The good news is everyone is having a ball! We have a surprise birthday party in the works for Saturday. My brother says he reads my blog but I don't believe him so ya'll can know about the party!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a blast! Sorry you are bug food...get the deet!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Funny--I was just talking with a native man here yesterday and the no seeums were eating us alive but not him. I asked why and he said he doesn't shower so they won't go after the soap smell. So there you have it--even bugs don't like B.O.

Brenda said...

Wow. Sounds like a wonderful time except for the biting bugs.

MaBunny said...

Glad you are having such a good time.
If the biting minis are chiggers, try regualr old ban rol on deodorant. My daughters pediatrician told me about that when she got chiggers, it kills them and takes away the itch.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

POUT... I wanna eat your sketti! it just sounds so yummy and super flavored with YOU cooking it :D yeah I hate the no seeums... they are just rude... I am so glad you are all having a blast!
where in Florida Are you? since I don't have pictures to see have to ask LOL
Have funnnnnnnnnnn and be safe!
Love n hugs Laura

Karen Deborah said...

thanks for the tip Daddy BB has been squeezing the redbugs out of my feet! ITCH!!!

Susiewearsthepants said...

The food sounds absolutely perfect. Of course that could be due to the fact that it's 8 pm and I have yet to eat dinner. I am so glad you guys are having a good time. It sounds heavenly.

Anonymous said...

We used to have coffe everyday in SC. Miss those days. What RED bugs are in your feet??? Sorry about you know who. Some things never change. Just love on the rest of the family. PLEASE swim in the ocean for me!!!!

Flea said...

Clear nail polish on chiggers, but I can't help you with the no seeums. Hate those things.