Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Morning Meditations

Am I now trying to win the approval of men,
 or of God? 
Or am I trying to please men (or women)?
If I were still trying to please men,
I would not be a servant of Christ.
Galatians 1:10 NIV

God is the only being in the universe that will accept us unconditionally when we do the same to Him.
Are you struggling with pleasing others?



Above all else,
 guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.
Proverbs 4:23 NIV


The Lord says,
It is not too late.
You can still return to ME
with all your heart.
Joel 2:12 CEV


For when your faith is tested,
your endurance has a chance to grow.
So let it grow,
for when our endurance is fully developed,
you will be strong in character,
and ready for anything.
James 1: 3-4


Purify me from my sins,
and I WILL BE clean;
Wash me,
and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7


See I am coming soon
and my reward is with me
to repay all
according to their deeds.
I AM
the Alpha and the Omega,
the First and the Last,
the Beginning and the End.
Revelation 22:12-13


How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those
who bring good news
of peace and salvation,
the news
that the God of Israel reigns!
Isaiah 52:7


Do not be anxious about ANYTHING,
but in everything,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the PEACE of GOD,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts
and your minds
in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 NASB

and I testify to you today--
I have this truth inside the very core of my being!
 The truth that sets us free.
 Free from sorrow, regret, pain, depression, darkness, 
wishes for acceptance, 
wishes for a different life,
even wishes for death.

Jesus desires to give you a new heart,
a new mind,
a transformed life,
and the greatest treasure to me,
the PEACE of God.
I rest so easy
under grace.


11 comments:

Kathy said...

I think this is great.

Anonymous said...

Praise God, He's coming for you and for me. This post was peace for the journey. If you get a chance check out my post today on Loving Life A Latte...it's about a rose. Love ya!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Sweet, sweet surrender to such peace and beauty makes life lovely to live. God is good! XO!

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

To this I can only say, Amen, Amen!!

Jeanie said...

Beautiful thoughts to start the week.

Karen said...

That's just what I needed this morning - thank you. And the last picture is truly a balm to my soul. Your place is the epitome of rest.

Mental P Mama said...

Beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures and ministering words. Thank you.

Mamí♥Picture said...

Oh Wow!! This is so Beautiful!!!
Lovely pictures!

Lucy said...

I love your flowers and INDEED you have some irises I would like to have.
Last year, I searched on the internet for fragrant irises, some scents are stronger than others.
I enjoyed and appreciate being soothed by your reflections and testimony.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Beautiful!