Monday, April 5, 2010

Quick Tip

Harvest Essentials,  has a sale on wheat grinding mills and the one I use is the K-TEC it's on sale for $179.00.  I saw the add under my previous post and was curious as to what they had. I have had my mill now for almost 20 years.  I do grind outside in the carport and this mill is loud. But I think it does a great job. If you are thinking about making bread on a routine this mill is great. Even if you want to grind for your own flour or corn meal. When I grind popcorn the cornmeal is delicious it makes the best bread. one step at a time, first you get a mill.

9 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I have had one for a lot of years now..it is noisy, I think the new ones are not..but I sure love to make bread using it. :D

Rosie_Kate said...

I have a Whisper Mill (quietest mill ever made-- I can use it in the kitchen! It's not really quiet... just not so loud). I got it on ebay for $150 shipped! I can't imagine not having a flour mill... love it!

farmlady said...

I think we are going to need a new dishwasher or refrigerator soon (which ever dies first) so I will pass on the mill.
Sometimes you just have to make hard choices...HA!
I'm joking with you because I don't make bread. I buy it. One of those "do it the easy way" things in my life. But, I will make some jam for you this summer.

Pam said...

I will be checking that out! Thanks for the info!

Chris H said...

Hey remember those scarves you gave me? My Mum fell in love with one... and took it... and I wear the bright blue one... just love it!
The other one is still waiting for it's purpose in life! lol
*smiles*

Mental P Mama said...

Wow. I cannot wait to come visit you. And eat;)

imbeingheldhostage said...

I have a hand grinder... you can imagine I put off wheat grinding as long as possible (but man, my right arm looks good!).

Thanks for the info, I'm betting it's NOT dual voltage :-(

imbeingheldhostage said...

Hey, that's my hand grinder on that page, and guess what, they have 220v models-- of all sorts of things. I haven't done sprouts or wheat grass in so long! Thanks again, I am really pleased you mentioned this.

Tracy said...

I really want to get a grinder. Maybe I'll ask for one this Christmas. Hope all is well Karen!!
Tracy