Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sicker than STINK

I always forget how sick a cold can make you feel. OR this is the worst cold bug of the flippin century. I am sick. Remember NyQuill commercials? That would be me, the sneezy, snuffly, watery eyes, coughing, sore throat, chills, can't breathe, and whatever else a cold does. Did I forget anything? There is still no cure for the common cold.
Drink tea, eat soup, take Tylenol, or Advil and go to bed. I went to work. I did not find any prospects that need LTAC. I did however spread enough personal contagion to start an epidemic. Heartless. What a fiend, this is NOT how to get business. I only went because I don't want to get fired. Maybe I do. I don't know. Last night I was so grateful that my head cold was in just my head and not my chest. Guess what? It went to my chest. This is not good, how to you spell ASTHMA? Cold in the chest=frequent cough=wheezing= am I whining now?
The good news is my foot does not have a tumour in it. The toe joint is enlarged called encapsulitis and I got a shot of cortisone in it. Yep if it's not surgery it's a needle. Good thing needles don't freak me out anymore. When I was a little girl it took 4 people to man handle me down into a body slam and then my butt would be tight enough to break the dang needle. They were not supposed to SEE my nakky hiney. Really that was it. If they wouldn't have pulled my pants down there wouldn't have been a war. Needles can go through clothing, really don't you think so?
Is Contact still on the market?
Noble Pig do you have a cold remedy that involves a strong drink?
Anybody else have a cure?
My grandma believed in mustard plasters haven't a clue how to make one.
Any aspiring healers out there? Remedies?
I want my mama.

11 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Smile, Big Brother's taking note and reporting you to the sick police.
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashgof.ht

CREEPY!!!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

OOPS! Left off a letter and the link won't go. Here's the correct one.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashgof.htm

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon...k.

MaBunny said...

Wow, colds are the worst! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! Mr. Macchiato has a cold too. I call him Mr. Snuffalupogas because he snorkles his snot and talks all stuffy. I think he's been secretly breathing in my face while I'm sleeping in the hopes that I'll get it... but so far so good!

If you decide to slather your body with mustard I want to see a picture!

Chris H said...

Oh man am I ever glad I havn't had a cold in years! Mustard eh? Like Coffee Bean said, photos if ya go down the mustard trail! LOL

Karen Deborah said...

you kinky people! Mustard plaster on me would be a hilarious moment to be sure!
As of for the big brother thing, CREEPY. Add it to the prayer list.
we are being watched and they are coming to take us away to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time.....

farmlady said...

Sorry you're sick Karen,it's the season. My cure is as follows:
Strong drugs,
A comfortable couch or recliner,
A big blanket,
An even bigger dog to snuggle with
( a heating pad will do, but it's not as nice.)
..., and Egyptian Licorice tea by Yogi tea.

You'll be well in no time.

Linda said...

Nurses are the absolute worst patients!! Do you need me to come take care of you? I'll be your personal nurse! Chicken soup and OJ for you!! My Mama used to put Vick's salve in our noses when we were sick...that was soooooo wrong!!
Hope you feel better!!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

I'm sorry you've been under the weather, it must feel crappy. My daughter has had The Bad Cold too and it wiped her out. Rest, rest and rest. Take advantage of it and make somebody else do the cooking and the housework. HA! LIke that would ever happen in my household.

Seriously, get some rest when you can get it and don't take on more than you're able to.

Karen Deborah said...

Linda I accept come over and take care of me. I am in the bed with my sweaty sheets. Actually I changed them today and finally took a shower. I am SICK.