Saturday, November 22, 2008

So Indecisive

I have continued reading "Random Winds," I'm afraid I haven't been able to stop. I did not like the stories twist. The fate of the heroine to be so afflicted by tragedy. That same tragedy of real life. It did not help either that she discusses being raised by "God-fearing" parents and yet rejects God to believe the "science" that we come from monkeys.
Yet, I apologize to those who will disagree, her story telling is masterful. I have not been so absorbed in character development and plot since reading "A Portrait of a Lady." Tragedy, war, loss, medicine, places and gardens, the time of world War 2 and the bombing of Pearl Harbor. All interwoven and connected, the tale of several generations and the two who loved and must be apart. I'm mesmerized. Even though there is content that I find objectionable. Content though of real life issues that are here in this world and that people experience every day. So I retract my harsh post and say that you should each decide for yourselves. It is a compelling work.

Now, since I have spent half the day in bed with the book I must get up and be about producing something in this real life we live; like food.

7 comments:

farmlady said...

Sometimes you just have to step out of your "comfort zone". Each of us is so different, but we can still learn and enjoy from other experiences and stories.
Hope ya get out of your P.J.s before dinner.

Becky said...

I say... quit the hospital job, stay in bed reading, and write book reviews and synopsis for a living. It would be great to read reviews from a Christian perspective.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

I say carry out is in order and keep the jammies on to go get it... I do that from time to time and its just fun!

MaBunny said...

Wow I read that one a long time ago. Have you ever read Evergreen? by the same author and it is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Yes, what did you make?

imbeingheldhostage said...

you know there are pizza places that will deliver and you never have to get out of bed again....
:-)

Karen Deborah said...

Please don't suggest take out and staying in the bed, you don't know what you are doing to me. I can stay in it for a LONG time.