Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Little Fun

In my twenties I enjoyed some rather "different," music. Off color you might say. Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks had some great tunes like,"How can I Miss You if You Won't Go Away?" I still have that LP, you know are very large CD that works on both sides. What a concept!

I was thinking about fat ladies, and loving food. That would be me. I did get up and walk this morning. We had a thunder and lightening storm at 3 am so when the clock went off I thought it was the middle of the night. I could not however in good conscience roll over and snooze on. The work out today was humiliating. My fastest is last, about a half mile behind everyone else. How depressing. Old flabby men that look like they are walking in slow motion are passing me. I am moving as fast as my legs will go, why don't I cover more ground? Go figure. I did not go the whole 7 mile route. I could not risk being late for Piglets graduation brunch, but I probably did 4 1/2 or 5 miles. Some things seem to never change, being the last to be picked in school ball games. Being last on the walk/run. You would think it wouldn't matter at my age, that just doing it would be enough. You'd think. Not.

In my honor and in salute to off color music, and fat bottomed girls; I am going to write you one of my favorite songs. It was recorded by the Kinks about 30 years ago.
The Muswell Hillbillie Album, which I have actually just discovered thanks to Amazon.com. the song is titled, "Skin and Bones."

FAT FLABBY ANNIE was a bit over weight,
she weighed just about 16 stone,
till a fake dietitian, put her on a diet,
now she looks like skin and bones,
can't see her walk by.

She don't eat no mashed potatoes,
she don't eat no buttered scones,
do your daily exercises,
you gonna look like skin and bones.

She used to be lovely,
she used to be so fat,
Oh what a sin, she's oh so thin,
now she's lost all the friends that she had.
she looks like skin and bones,..

skin and bones and bones and skin and bones, bones and bones and skin and bones,...

Ahhh now that my dear friends is a good song.

Just in case this leaves you with a hankering for some Kinks,....

6 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

HUMMMM....:D

Susiewearsthepants said...

I'm skinny by genetics and have always been. Take heart my friend, I too was last picked for most everything. While I was skinny, I had not one shred of athletic ability in my whole skinny little body.

Flea said...

Hey! Four and a half to five miles is darn good, woman. And I loves me some Kinks. :) Thanks for the smile!

Anonymous said...

Hey that's hilarious, I have never heard of that song before!

Good walking!

Karen Deborah said...

I found the song on Muswell Hillbillies and ordered it. If I can figure out how to put it on i will. I love it! Like I said some of the off color stuff was my favorite. There are a whole bunch of funny verses to Skin and Bones,which makes you wonder just when is the Rennaisance woman going to make her comeback?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is my new favorite song! How awesome is that?

Good for you on the walk Karen!