Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mama Didn't Tell Me There Would Be Day's Like This




I can't remember the last time I was this happy. The home schoolers graduation was one of the most beautiful experiences we have ever had. Four teenagers all committed to Christ, all with servants hearts giving God the glory for their lives and their accomplishments. It was a tear jerker, truly beautiful.
We had a speaker who works with them and knows them well. He began sharing the verse that inspired his message. "For I know in whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed to Him until that day. 2 Timothy 1:12. What was so special is that is one of my life verses. When I didn't know if my granddaughters were alright; when we couldn't even reach them by phone, over a year of total silence. I was in prayer in tears praying this verse for them. I told myself, God is able to keep. God's arm is not too short to save. I need to commit the children to Him. Casting all my cares.

Here we are. Those days of fear and sorrow behind us. These beautiful girls now have a future and a hope; not because of us, because of God! He brought them out. He kept them when they were in danger. He protected their hearts, their bodies, their minds. He has given them a future and a hope. They love Him. I am so grateful.

Mama never told me their would be days where my heart would be too full too hold it. blessing poured down and overflowing until I am undone from the joy. My precious sweet girl, here, graduated from high school, loved, befriended, and blessed.
Life just doesn't get any better than this. I know there is more in the future, more hurdles, more difficulties, but not today. Today is a mountain top. Today we give God the glory, for truly GREAT things He has done!

15 comments:

Brenda said...

Awww. I'm glad you had such a sweet special day.

Flea said...

Praise God! I'm so happy for all of you. :)

Elysa said...

Beautiful!

Congratulations to you ALL!!!!

Love,
Elysa

Kathy said...

Wonderful!
I love the picture of the two of you.
Full of joy... what a blessing indeed!

MaBunny said...

YAY, I'm so happy for you and your granddaughter. You two look beautiful together. May your lives continue to be so blessed.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Your words are inspiring and make all remember to count their blessings.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Absolutely perfect .... woonderful post and wonderful testamony to God's grace and mercy!
Congratulations piglet I believe there are great things in store for you!
Hugs Laura

linda said...

Karen,
YAY!! I'm so proud for you!!

Linda

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! Great job Grandma and thank you Lord for keeping those precious girls safe. I am so happy for you!

Kris

Anonymous said...

Woo Hooooo!!! I love the pictures! How awesome for all of you! Well done!!!

Susiewearsthepants said...

You are trying to make us cry, I just know it. Someday in the not too distant future Miss Melissa will be graduating. I HOPE I am half as joyful as you are! What a blessing.

April said...

Yah! Congrats to both of you. What a milestone. And what a wonderful moment for a parent.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

oddly enough the spanking made the most impression on her, and she suddenly realised that this is not a game and we are not playing, Her rebelling is just that rebelling, but in very self destructive ways... I am working on some things ot get her some outside help but like all things they take time... and don't worry I have no desire to drink, sometimes I jest in poor taste perhaps... but, it would take more than a rebelling teen to ever desire to drink.... hummm can't think of a thing that would cause me to drink at this point in life... but thank you for the concern it is appreciated :)
HUGS hugs
Laura

Kathy said...

Just stopping by, saying hi and hope you have a wonderful day.