Monday, May 26, 2008

A Tribute to Courage



It is Memorial Day. I read a post over at Susie's that really touched my heart. She very transparently portrayed the struggle that single parents feel every day. Like good soldiers they too, get the mission done, no matter what. Courage comes in many forms. Their are single mom's and dad's because of the war, some temporary some permanent. I think today is a good day to remember all courageous Americans. Our soldiers example has sunk deep into the fabric of our nation. Our citizens have the potential to have noble character. The people in our country live lives that require courage, fortitude, honor,and commitment, every day. There are those things that are in the front lines of our sight; and those behind the scenes battles that we don't think much about. Each one is part of this body we call our home. Our nation, such as it is, with all the afflictions it has, inspite of the political agendas, and ungodly choices, this country still has in the hearts of it's people, the courage that makes America great. Today I say, God "bless America" and mean it.



To all the men and women who have ever served, have ever died for, are serving now, are missing their husbands and fathers, to all who have given to provide us a future, a secure country, our lives to live; to all of these, thank you does not seem words enough. Thank you for giving, we are here because you gave. Thank you.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I just realized I don't have my flag up. I must do that immediately.

linda said...

Karen,
Love your blog!! I guess I'm finally with the times now. I finally created a blog! Guess we'll see how often I actually post!
Here it is:

http://whenyouthinkyouveseenitall.blogspot.com/

Love you!

Linda

Laura ~Peach~ said...

OMG I can't believe I forgot to put the dogs name in the post!
His name was so original and so unique LOL... it was SPOT!

Anonymous said...

You are right on with this!

Anonymous said...

Amen