Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sunny Saturday Salutations

Don't you hate excuses? I do but I'm going to make one.  I have been having a hard time finding the time to blog. You would think I had all the time in the world wouldn't you? It takes me a long time to get to do anything. I have to think and plan, considering how it will impact my right arm. If you think your tired of hearing about it, I can tell you loudly that I am tired of living with it. HOWEVER having a good attitude instead of a bitchy inpatient one is paramont to overcoming a tough situation.  That's what we preach anyway.  Actually I am making progress. I'm at the dangerous time where I feel good enough to get hurt. Self restraint is not my best attribute.  To get the most of feeling good I use my left hand and it is getting really smart. Don't tell me old dogs can't learn new tricks, can too.

  Not all days are good. Some days I just get up and don't bother to brush my hair. I need to stop doing that because Jennifer is always on the prowl to get a ridiculous picture of her mom. She takes this new "hobby" to a whole new dimension.  My aim is to please. The picture behind me is our new great grand baby!

I TRY and get goofy pictures of Jennifer to retaliate but for Pete's sake she is so pretty, it is really hard to do! Disgusting.

My puppy is a big boy now and he loves to lean on me. I love it. Roman is getting his act together. It made a huge difference to get him neutered. I have no idea how people actually make a male dog into a good pet with their "goods" intact. He was becoming a PEST!

Look at these! Cooking again has made me so happy.  The evening I baked these my Hunny's buddy dropped in to watch football together.  Their team won. We could tell because of all the hooting, stomping and chunks of sheet rock falling from the ceiling that it was a great game. The guys made a serious dent in these pies and they had a blast. So satisfying to bring some joy into my home again. *SMILES*

My beastie is up to 60 pounds. Remember when he was just a wee little baby boy? He is 9 months old now so he may grow a bit more and that's fine with me.

We are trying to get the "hard scape" of our garden in order and are pruning, and rearranging some plants, bulbs and bushes. I boss and everybody else  does the work. So there is a little silver lining in the rain cloud. Of course I would NEVA take advantage of that!!! Wicked little giggle.


Have a great weekend! We are going to have 3 sunny days and I am taking advantage before more rain comes to town.



10 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

do what you can and do NOT over do it... we are always here :) love hugs and prayers!

joanne said...

It's so nice to see that you are alive and well...well, as can be anyway! All that family lovin' and grand babies make all the difference...take care KD, I miss you!!!!

farmlady said...

I think you are enjoying your daughter and family being there with you.
Take care of yourself and think good thoughts.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Sounds like things are going well around the Fresh Fixin's homestead. Hooray!

This post was cozy and it made me miss all of you SO MUCH!

Elizabeth and attended an all-day Farm Seminar with Joel Salatin as Keynote speaker (Elizabeth's Hero, next to her Daddy, of course). Watch out world -- We're growing a farmer in our midst. I also connected with Westin A. Price people in my area. (Are you still taking your stinky cod liver oil? It's GOOD, SO GOOD for you/me/us!)

Sorry this is a letter (and should be an email). Just so glad to see your doing well. Keep up the good work and I'll keep on prayin'.

Hugs to all!
Debbie

Mental P Mama said...

Okay...several things here: LOVE that new header! Jennifer is GORGEOUS! You (!) are working in your garden? We have two feet of snow on the ground with that much more coming this week! I'm coming down there!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

It is so good to read what you have been up to! We all have good and bad days, hopefully more good than bad LOL

Those pies or whatever they are look delicious--care to share the recipes...

Julie Harward said...

That is a cute header here! Glad to see you are doing well enough off and I hope it only gets better! The dog is a cute one..and I bet it's nice to have your daughter there with you! :D

Chris H said...

I was thinking of you just the other day wondering how you were. So glad your arm is really on the mend.
Your daughter is indeed GORGEOUS, as is you wee Roman.
Hugs OXOXOXOXOX

Chris H said...

Oh and yes, that is a doozy of a photo of you! VERY NICE grimace. 10 outta 10!

Tatersmama said...

Good for you and your arm! It takes time and you know you'll get there, but I say live it up with the bossing - while you can, anyway!!! ;)