1. Why did you choose to go into nursing? Was there someone who inspired you or served as a mentor?
I started out putting band aids on my dolls. Nursing for me is a way of life and a calling. My husband actually paid for me to go to college in my late thirties. I went to San Jose State University and some of the instructors there were awesome mentors. Nursing is a mentoring profession and many people have contributed to my skills. The most inspiration I have received
came in a different form though; personal illness gave me a depth of compassion that no schooling could provide. I understand the perspective of the ill, and can honestly say that it has been the patients that I have cared for that I have learned the most from.
2. Do you like living in the South? Why or why not, and if you could, would you move elsewhere?
I do like living in the South, much more than I anticipated. When we came here I felt like I was coming to a foreign land, practically a different country. The accent's were so hard for me to understand that I bought a hearing aide, thinking that might help. Imagine my surprise when it didn't! One day I quit hearing the accent and discovered that I have one.
If I could move, California would be tempting, because of the people we left behind there. Where to settle would be a tough issue. Umm maybe next door to Debbie or back to Soquel or Felton. How about my old house in Felton? The problem would be that we would now be leaving people we love here! One of the blessings of living in the South has been good health. Sooo I suppose that I really wouldn't move. Frequent vacations would be nice.
3. Dream vacation - where would it be and who with?
I just had one really, this last trip was just great. The next time I go to Colombia I'd like to stay in Cartehegna for longer when the mission trip is over. The Carribean is an awesome place and snorkeling in those waters is amazing. I think a vacation with best girlfriends would be fun. Lucy and I would love to go see a friend in Sayulita Mexico.
4. What is your "love language"?
Acts of service. It figures since my main spiritual gift is mercy. Touch is pretty high on the list too, I am a hugger. I will find a way to pat you or hug you if I like you even a little bit.
5. What is your favorite thing about your husband?
His faithfulness and he tells the same stupid jokes over and over.
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview
someone else in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask
them five questions.
Thanks for playing! Hope you have fun with this!