Monday, September 27, 2010

Baby Steps

 Thank you all for the kind comments on my last post and for your prayers. God is listening because my bruises are fading fast. The swelling in my arm has gone way down. The pain is getting much more manageable. I am trying to reach for things and move a bit more but my right arm is still very restricted.
The good news is that I go to therapy tomorrow. The bones have not been hurt, except for the broken ribs.
I sneezed today**ouch**but only twice which is a major miracle because I always sneeze at least 10 times if  I sneeze even once. I am getting a lot better.

AND ta da ta da!!!!

I can zip up and button my own pants now!

My next goal is to be able to put on a bra and a shirt by myself.

It's the little things in life you know?

12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

It is the little things that seem so important to us. I'm glad you are starting to heal, the body is so amazing! Ans, I only put a bra on when I have to! I guess I'm just a girl of the 60's still! LOL ;D

Laura ~Peach~ said...

indeed baby steps love ya

Karen Deborah said...

Julie you crack me up!

Michelle said...

Slow, but sure. Just keep going!

Chris H said...

I have visions of the 'man' of the house having to dress you and get the girls in the bra! LOL
So glad you are well on the mend.. ouch to the broken ribs.. they really hurt!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I have been a bad blogger and bad blogger reader. I'm so sorry! Bless your little heart. Sending a prayer up right now for you. Mend well.

Unknown said...

Yay for pants zipping!! This is why I stopped getting acrylic nails. I felt like I couldn't do anything for myself. Hope the pain continues to decrease.

Mental P Mama said...

Yay you! But I think the bra thing is overrated.....just sayin'.

Kathy said...

Just checking in to see how therapy went today. Hope you are feeling much more normal today! (huh, what exactly is normal anyways???)

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Oh I remember those days from when I was in a car accident...the little things like not needing any help to go pee--now that's progress! I am so, so glad to hear you are healing.

Kat said...

Haha! Way to stay positive!
I think you don't realize how big the little things are until you can't do them, right? ;)
Sending healing prayers your way!

Bluebird49 said...

I'm with everyone else--bras-blah--invented by someone as a form of female torture, I'm sure.

Glad you're progressing! I'm praying for you everyday.