Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits
2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
¾ cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
Brush on Top:
2 tablespoons butter, melted¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes½ teaspoon garlic powder, pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix. (CARDINAL RULE OF BISCUITS!)
3. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up ALL of the butter
I saw this tonight at Romantic Home and copied it immediately and told her so. News this good must travel fast! Seriously, I do not give a flyin flip over a single item on their menu. Dinner is ok but nothing to write home about. However! Those cheese biscuits slay me deader than a doornail. I don't need to order anything, just a cup of chowder and baskets and baskets of those warm melt in your mouth, seasoned, cheesy biscuits. If it wasn't 11:20pm I'd go make them right now. This is really hitting the jackpot.
It also spares you hearing how I tried to touch up my ROOTS myself and turned them a very bright shade of pinky orange. I thought I lost my hairdresser, he changed shops. Then I found his number and called him EMERGENCY! Help please, I don't look good in a ball cap.
He helped, I am kinda a burgundy hair head , now for fall maybe? But it's alright.
What a scare I knew ya'll didn't need to know nuthin about that mess.
Less go make a mess of these biscuits.
oooh, pinky roots... I could try the cindy lauper look too. Those cheesy cheddar biscuits are bad bad bad, step away from them while you can (you know, before you have to be wheeled away). I stopped making them when I discovered they are NOT nice to hips.
The biscuits sound yummy. I'm glad you found your hair guy.
Been there, made them, YUMMY! Enjoy:) Good stuff Maynard!
oooooo, how yummy. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Speaking of food, here is some food fo thought.
I wrote about it on my blog:
Ummm, yummy thanks for the recipe, cheese and biscuits are my buddies.
Pink roots are nothing to mess around with.
I've found that thread wadding up in the bobbin is typically because a) the thread wasn't wound on the bobbin properly, or b) the tension. I kid! B) the thread on top is a different weight from the bobbin thread - the two weights need to match. Of course, there are other reasons. Heh. Sorry.
Funny, I hate the food at Dead Lobster but have to take my 14 year old because he loves it. We both love the biscuits. I stumbled on your blog and love it!
Post a Comment