There are a couple of new blogs on my blogroll. One is "Keep Believing". It is the story of a young family whose husband/Daddy is dying of brain cancer. This brave young mother is chronicling her families story and her feelings during this process. Angie also has listed ways to help. Her husband has recently taken a hard turn for the worse and they are dealing with a lot. If you would take a moment to visit her, leave an encouraging word or offer up a prayer for her and her two young sons.
I also went forward tonight at church, which is a term that explains what we do when we feel God asking something of us. It is an act of obedience to a summons on our heart. I believe God is calling me into full time ministry. In a way I already am in full time ministry but there is more. I don't know where or when or how, just that there is more.
I talk about AnYtHiNg, gardening, food, faith, family, you neva do know what y'all will get.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Today is September 5,2026 and I am now 71 years old. It seems an entire lifetime was lived in the last decade. The one I didn't record ...
-
This is snow in the South! Aren't you impressed? Isn't it amazing? This is the storm that washes the snow away. Last week the weathe...
-
OK in case you didn't scroll down there is a contest here for a comment driven give away. You may have one entry, BECAUSE for every 7 en...
-
If you came to see me this would be by my front door. It was an attempt by me to do something artistic. My painting skills never progresse...
7 comments:
In a way I already am in full time ministry but there is more. I don't know where or when or how, just that there is more.
These words that you have written are also the same that are in my heart.
I will be praying for Angie and her family. Thank you for bringing them to our attention so we can lift them up in prayer.
You just being you is a ministry! You are so open and honest and a blessing to those who come in contact with you. I think you have already been in ministry full time being a friend, wife, Nana and nurse. You must just be feeling the call to a ministry change. I look forward to seeing what that change is.
Very interesting. How does he call you? Is it a feeling, a voice? Do you have to be open to him to have this happen? This could be a wonderful "Post" for those of us who have so many questions.
Sweet! I am rubbing my hands vigorously together in anticipation of what you will be doing...
Just keep your heart (and mind) open....you'll figure it out:)
God will show you. Just be open to whatever it is He's asking. I'll be praying for you.
Don't be deceived . . . you've been in ministry full time as long as I have known you. "Be still and know, that I am God." Works for me every time. I'll be praying and waiting to hear what exciting thing meets you a bit further down the pathway.
Post a Comment