Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Busy on the Homefront.


It's a whole new world, this adventure we call life is happening at such a pace I can barely keep up. I have plans to revamp my blog. It's going to take some work since I'm not going to hire it done. I need to set up categories for easier browsing. Gardening, baking, health and wholeness, holistic remedies, pets, projects, and just fun stuff. At home we are making big decisions. I am going in to resign today. I have been searching the Internet and I can become a certified holistic practitioner. There are tons of courses to do from home. I am feeling excited and at the same time still sick. I am beginning to think that this "virus" was the swine flu, with it's lingering respiratory problems. A month is a long time to be sick. I am improving, but it's one day better and then relapse, so it' still a struggle.

Now I'm learning about essential oils and aromatherapy. Concerning nutrition, I have plans to write about butter versus margarine and several other topics, but these are more like papers that require work and research, not just my usual chatty style. I need some time to get it done. I am so eager to share what I am learning with you. You see I have a talent for taking complex information and translating it into easy to understand information. I have been doing it for years. We all have something we do well and mine is making things simple. There are others out there that will get the prize for their brilliant expose, not me. I want the cookies on the bottom shelf where every body can reach them. So forgive me for being brief, there is a lot on my list today to accomplish. I had a regular plethora of daily activities yesterday which would have made wonderful blog posts but the time was just not there. Soon there will be a whole new depth to Fresh Fixins; for now just a brief hello, and I have big plans just you wait.

15 comments:

Tricia said...

Praying for you. If it is the swine flu, that does take a bit out of a body. It took us a two weeks to feel "better" and another month to be back to normal. Take it easy while you are healing. God bless.

Unknown said...

If you are interested in essential oils, Young Living has an oil called Thieves that would be great to help kill the virus. Also, RC is a wonderful oil for respatory cough. Young Living also sells a health drink called Ningxia Red that is GREAT for the immune system and would help get you back on your feet.

I can't wait to read about your learnings. I'm always excited to learn more about healthy living!

Michelle said...

I really enjoy the topics of holistic health and essential oils especially. Diet is another interest of mine. Can't wait to read about some of your research.

joanne said...

Oh, I'm excited to see what's happening. I got my book. "Nourishing Traditions" today and I can't wait to dive in.
Thinking of you..;p

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Yay--I think you are heading in the right direction!

I got into holistic health and healing several years ago and one of the best things that ever happened to me was making friends with a naturopath. She took my knowledge to a whole new level.

I learned about how critical the acid/alkaline balance is in the human body in fighting disease and what a huge part emotions play in whether people heal or die from things that ail them. I can't wait to read what you are researching!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Oh, and THANK YOU for the wonderful book! I love it! I read it in one day! I am hopeless when it come to books! LOL

farmlady said...

Good for you. I hope that this endeavor will bring you some emotional well-being. You deserve it.
Follow your heart and it well lead you in the right direction.

Unknown said...

Kudos! Follow your dreams.

Mental P Mama said...

Swine Flu is everywhere. Get well! And I cannot wait to hear more about your studies! I love standing in Whole Foods reading all the oils' labels and what they can do! Hugs;)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you have to say! We've always been butter people... and it shows, LOL. I started buying Smart Balance Blend about 6 months ago (1/2 butter, 1/2 olive oil) but it isn't as good.

Becky said...

I been meaning to revamp as well. My Love got checked our for swine flu today. We don't think thats it but we want to be cautious.

Kathy said...

Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for us. BUT please don't change your 'usual chatty style', I like it! I hope that the resignation was a load removed from your heart. I am sorry that you have had such health issues lately. Hugs.

WudWerkr said...

sorry i have been away , been covered up , hope all is going well in the magnolia state

Twisted Fencepost said...

I'm excited for you, that you have chosen a path and are on course.
And for me, that I get to learn as you learn.
Till then....I'll be waiting, patiently.

Rosie_Kate said...

I've done blog designs and built websites. If you need help, just holler!