Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vinette's of the Day

It's a pretty window framed with plants. What you don't see is the fish on the right is gulping his last breaths as I write. He has been dying for about 2 weeks, and today may be his final day.  I think most of our little vinettes are selective.

That is if we told the truth about the state our homes and lives are in.

This happens to be about the only thing in the laundry room that is not a mess. Ah ha a sink where some dirty stuff can land! Yo ho empty sink spotted!







The rest of it looks like this.
It may look like this for a long time. This is stuff to be sorted and put away, or put up.

More photos to deal with. Sometimes I think about a nice big bon fire; but the photo content won't let me.

There is this room. My room. I am a freak about making the bed. A freak that cannot make the bed without lying down in it, making one side, rolling over and making the other side. Yes, I did, but not more than once. This is it.




And there are these necessary things that give me all kinds of problems. Certain solutions require edible things that taste yukky. You know nurses they can talk about anything.
Pain meds tend to slow down more than just your mind you know.  So on my agenda for the day is:
1,not cleanin anything.
2,not doing anything really spectacular or creative
3, not being a proverbs 31 woman or any other lofty ideal.
4, not making the bed or dinner or decorating my house.

No my agenda for the day involves prunes and MOM, the lofty goals of life.

and more of these...

11 comments:

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

I feel for you! I hate crutches! I hope you are back on your feet again soon! Blessings to you and yours.

Flea said...

Good for you, doing nothing! I read a book today. No housework. It rocked. I'll pay for it later, though.

joanne said...

time to take care of you for a change, the rest will fall into place. take care sweet friend..;p

Jeanie said...

Take care of yourself and those other things will get done all in due time.

Karen said...

I feel for all that doing nothing. It's gotta be getting old. Hope you're up and at 'em soon.

Mental P Mama said...

Ugh. I hope you get some relief....I happen to like prunes;)

Chris H said...

I don't particularly like prunes either. It is a shame pain medication has that nasty side effect!

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for the visit...has anyone ever told you that you look like Natalie Wood? Come say hi any time :D

Twisted Fencepost said...

I guess sometimes we just have to say....It will wait. I hope you are feeling better!

Angela said...

Love the vignette you made at the window..I even clicked on the picture to enlarge so I could see it up close..