Monday, October 25, 2010

A Call To Pray

This is going to be a personal post. If you don't pray, or believe in God it's OK
to skip this one.


I need prayer. My family needs prayer. My daughter needs prayer.
My friend that is helping my daughter needs prayer for her physical health, for strength, endurance, and wisdom. She specifically needs for her system to be relaxed and no digestive upsets. I have 2 friends trying to help Jennifer.
She's not coming to visit she's coming to stay. 


They need help. David's arm is in a splint for a broken wrist. Jen has torn tendons, a neuroma, and a displaced bone in her foot so she is not supposed to walk. They don't have any health insurance so they are coming here for help.
They are trying to sell all their stuff and pack what they want to keep to ship. 
nobody has come to buy. The sales are needed to pay for the shipping.
It's very hard for them not to be discouraged. 


All I can do is pray and that is driving me nuts. I want to hire a dad gum moving van. To just show up and pack them and not worry about anything. I can't do it.
Not happening. I can't borrow money without a job. GEEZ this is sounding pathetic! I don't want to do that. I'm just telling my blog buddies what is going on. God can move heaven and earth. He can help her. We just have to ask.
Pray for their health, for them not to be discouraged. For people to show up with real help not just a pat on the back. I told my daughter tonight that even if it comes down to walking away with the clothes they can carry, the plane tickets are there. They are coming home. Then I can take them to my doctor and we can just slowly get their health back up and she can begin again. 


Do you know how hard this is for me? 


Me the "I can do it," lady. I'm in a position of complete inadequacy. I can't do anything. I bought the plane tickets. I'm going to book a room in a hotel the day before their flight because they have to leave really early in the morning.


So here I am. Helplessly waiting on everything I have ever believed in. Waiting for help that isn't a bunch of words. My one friend with fragile health is taking food and boxes and showing REAL Christian love. Another friend is helping too but she is leaving town in a few days. I called our old church there and asked for help and it was a terrible disappointment, unbelievable. But God.
God will make a way. He promised.


If you'd like to join me, pray for all these needs. We have one week to get it done and two of the three have injuries., not including mine. I am asking God to raise up an army of angels, the kind with skin on.

10 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'll agree with you in prayer and pray that the army of angels will appear and minister to them and to you.

XO,

Sheila

joanne said...

KD~
you know there is NOTHING that I would not do for you...prayer is at the top of the list. If I can possibly do anythiing else from here I will, just let me know.
love you girlfriend.

Julie Harward said...

My prayers are there..He can do all things and I pray he will send the help needed! :D

Tricia said...

Thanks for sharing, for trusting us enough to ask. I will be praying.

Jeanie said...

Offering prayers for all of you,

Angela said...

Yes, of course I will pray Karen...pray pray pray...((hugs))

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Hi, I've come over from Fearless Friday. Please know that I am praying for you and for all your intentions.

Janel said...

I found you through Angie at Free Spirit Haven...I just finished praying for you and all of your troubles. God will carry you through this! Blessings...Janel in NJ

Pia said...

said a prayer. i believe God heard us all.

Unknown said...

Praying for a miracle.