Sunday, August 3, 2008

Too Pooped to Pop


note the flour dust in the plant an imagine it thickly applied to everything you have.



Whew, we're finished. The dining room now matches the kitchen and I think it looks wonderful. Yesterday my friend, came over and helped me clean. Daddy BB used a sander on the walls and the whole house was coated with a layer of "flour." I am very grateful that he did such a great job painting but I did say a four letter word to him about that; TARP. It took us about 8 hours to just dust and clean the front room and we still have the blinds to do. When you wipe off everything you have it's kind of like moving and I am exhausted. Here are some pictures of the finished room.

13 comments:

Chris H said...

The room looks darn gorgeous! Well done. And STOP telling me off ya tart! I am trying to pace myself, I really am! As for the midgets ... they are at school eh? And the big son who lives at home right now is nowhere to be seen... *sigh*.... Yes.. I will be careful OK? ! lol

Laura ~Peach~ said...

lovely... I want to redo my whole house but right now we can barely walk through with all of corys and stephanies things piled here waiting on them to get their own place... or places...
hugs Laura

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh how truly lovely! So warm and inviting. I'm homesick for a hug and a cuppa tea. : )

MaBunny said...

Will stop back by tomorrow morning, but yes I went to the doctor for my annual female physical:)) YUCK!
Thanks for asking:))

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Thank you karen I did come get the Mabel dogs LOL Mabel is the name of my cousins dog she is that brees that I cant spell and refuse to butcher LOL... adorable ! again thank you!
hugs Laura

Anonymous said...

It looks so great, warm and inviting. I love warm colors on the walls! Lucky you.

MaBunny said...

K I'm back and have read the post and looked at the pictures. Its beautiful!
Great job!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!

Susiewearsthepants said...

Have you considered going into the Interior Decorating field? If you were, and if I had any money, I would hire you on the spot!!!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

How wonderful! I love the colors you chose. I know what you mean about dust too--even tarps don't stop it all. Hey, at least everything is sparkling now, right?

Great job on the redo!

Flea said...

FANTASTIC! I'd say I'm jealous, but the projects here leave me pooped too. :) Looks incredible!

farmlady said...

What a lovely color. Nice work!

I have that "flour" dust here in California too. I thought it was here just to teach me patience. But no, it's with you forever: Even after you finish your projects. Ug!

Angela said...

I love how you decorate and the colours are just warming...