Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Serious Thoughts

We watched a movie this morning, "The Journey of August King." It was a powerful film. Freedom is never free.

I have been thinking a lot about the law changes in California to marriage. I wonder why people who say there is no God care about the sanctity of marriage. Even deeper I wonder how long we will continue as a country that is an empty shell and shadow of what it once was created to be.

I remember in the eighth grade I learned that the communist powers considered us to be a paper Tiger. They thought we were an unprincipled and weak people because of our materialism. They had a plan to take us down without gunfire. They would change our education, our family structure and language. We would be destroyed without ever firing a shot. I am paraphrasing of course, this is from my memory. Even as a youngster I could see the power in their insidious plan.

Jesus told us to be aware of the signs of the times, to keep vigil and watch. He also taught much about farming, the law of sowing and reaping. Those seeds of destruction, and division, were sown when I was young. From what I see, it seems they are ready for harvest. How much longer will we continue to function as we have for all of our lives, with these changes all about us? I am not trying to be a prophet of doom here. There are just too many facts out on the table. It is just a matter of connecting the dots. Immigration has the potential to ravage our country. AIDS has the potential to transform us to a picture like that of Calcutta, there are so many infected people not yet in the throws of dying. Health care is imploding. Social security is going broke. Now the very core of what has made America a strong country is being rewritten, what a family unit is. We have blood guilt, 40 million children that have never been born. The writing is as clear on the wall as it was to the King who inquired of Daniel. Our time is short.

So what do we do? Do we panic? Do we stock up hordes of food to stave off hardship? Do we focus on self preservation at all costs? I don't think so. I think it is time for the people of God to seek Him. We are an apathetic people. We have not walked the talk. We let people come into our lives and never think to ask them, "If you died today are you SURE of your eternal destiny?"

Our comfort is of paramount importance, of this I stand most convicted. I know what it is like to be on "mission" for God. To set aside self and live for His work. It is a glorious feeling of transcendence and purpose. It is existing in the front line of battle. With all the discomforts, dangers, and disadvantages of risking one's entire being. It is not without a price, freedom is never free.

We have forgotten. We are asleep. We are being plundered already. God's people need to be focused on his coming and on those we know will be left behind; inviting them to come. It is interesting that in the end times prophecies of the Bible, there is no United States. All future drama will unfold in the Middle East and the revived Babylon.

How many of us have let our principles be redefined by the political powers of correct ideology? How many of us are prepared for the changes that are coming?
I am not afraid. I am not worried. I am standing on the rock. My trust is in Him.
How about you? In what or who do you trust?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right... Freedom definitely comes at a price! I did not get to read this as thoroughly as I would like so I will come back to it later. Looks like some good food for thought!

Hey, I am trying to get the word out on something and am having a little contest. Come check it out!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

you are 1000% correct the only prophesy left to be fulfilled is the rapture..... I am ready! I want my children to be ready but, as teens they both have struggled so much... and most was through their own doings. I pray often many times a day for my children to come back to where they KNOW they belong... and for any others out there who do not know my Jesus... I don't want to see any left behind ... I honestly believe that is why my mother is still alive... God is giving her more and more chances to get her self straight with him.
POWERFUL POST... I love it!
HUGS Laura

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Words from deep in your heart--I can tell. I have days where I feel like pulling the blankets over my head and just wishing it would all go away. Then I have days where I remember that none of this is a surprise to the One that sees it all from beginning to the very end and has told us exactly what lies ahead.