Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sunny Florida

I'm visiting Lucy. I set her up on a blog with nothing on it so she can post comments. She's askered of ya'll even though she adores each and every one of you. Peach is her favorite, she is sure you are writing a best seller.
Florida is warm just like home. My poor Lucy is worn out from being sick, it's just been one thing after another. Pray for her.

KJ asked about first dates. My first date was a disaster, I was the 13 year old geek and the one the guy was disappointed in. MY step sister arranged the whole thing. We went to a Christy Minstrels concert in Chicago. She was pretty cool but she didn't take charge for my choice of wardrobe. I put on my navy blue dress with a white collar and bow. I had my hair back in a barrette and my little black horn rim glasses. Oh yeah, braces and a cute little sprinkle of acne, not freckles across my nose. When we opened the front door this guy almost fainted from disappointment. Your classic blind date, what have I gotten myself into? I really don't know how she talked me into that. It was humiliating. I knew I was an ugly duck.
So anyway he had some dumb old station wagon that had water in the back and I made 101 dumb comments about the sloshing noise. DORK!!
Thank God for the end of that date, it was years before I went on another one. Contacts, long hair and blue jeans changed the whole scenario. A few years later he would've been the dork as he was actually nothing to write home about.

Happy Father's Day tomorrow, see you at the beach if there is a hotel hook up.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Enjoy your vacation! I am glad you will keep blogging while you are on the beach..... hehehe.... we all need a 10-step programfor blog-aholics!

Anonymous said...

Hey don't think of us while at the beach...no really don't!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How on earth did I get so behind on your blog??? I hope you are having a great time in Florida!

Frappy has an online session with an advisor from the college on Monday at 10 am. They requested that she have her computer up and online before they call.

Your nursing stories were a hoot!

Flea said...

Have fun in the sun! I don't envy you a bit. :) Glad you grew up!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

I am so glad you are having fun!
HI Lucy... I am blushing... Not so sure about a best seller but, Hopefully Someone out in the world can be helped by reading it.
Ha on the first date...
THe beach sounds wonderful... we hit my sister in laws pool yesterday evening it felt wonderful after working outside all day.
Happy Fathers Day!
Hugs LAura

MaBunny said...

Have a great time in Florida! I've been there once and it was HUMID, thats about all I remember.
Have a safe trip!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

I had a first date similar to yours--uggh--thanks for the memories!

Enjoy Florida. We finally got one day of sun yesterday and it looks like another one today. We actually reached 60 degrees!