Thursday, August 13, 2009

Great Flippin Fantastic News!!!!!

The good news is I DON'T have to have ANY surgery right now. In fact he said it could have been a "misread" it might be some transient osteoporosis. Keep losing weight, work on the calcium and Vit D get blood flow back in there and maybe it will be alright. He said I could go back to work.

I haven't been able to get in touch with my manager this afternoon. I faxed over the return to work slip. That will be another hurdle to cross but it will be ok!

I am so relieved!! Besides all of this crap I have had a bad respiratory infection and coughing up a lung or a gut or whatever and have been sick as stink. I didn't want to mention that, too much doom and gloom and I could have like zero readers you know?

My whole outlook has brightened considerably! Doctor #2 said the only reason to do the hip replacement is #1 if it fractures and we have no choice or #2 because I have unbearable pain. He said anytime in the next 10 years that you want to have it done. It really isn't bothering me now. It's possible that my little herky jerky moves caused some edema in there. It's also possible that the MRI went overboard on the "read."

All I can say is PRAISE GOD!!!! The plan is to watch and wait and check again in 3 months. Keep losing weight, have lost 11 pounds. Ordered some fancy cod liver/butter oil for bone health and am working on fixing the low VIT D thing, and you know what? In 3 months there may be nothing at all wrong with me! In 3 months I should be able to get off at least 25 more pounds maybe 30. That will take a load off---ha ha that's a joke. Get it? I can live with this!!

Yes sirrrrreeeeeeebob this is my kind of a day. Man I am so ready for some new kind of abuse, let me go to work, being a patient can kill you! Not to mention what it does to your wallet. Let me go, let me at em! I'm ready, I am so ready. Oh Lord Jesus I feel like I have received my pardon from death row, honest to God. No, I am not dramatic at all. I am calm, quiet, and level headed at all times, and totally in control of my emotional response. YEAH RIGHT!!! Can your read shoutin?

Where are my uniforms? I am going to get some high top shoes and look out mama; back in the SADDLE AGAIN!!! whooooooooooooohhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooo
slaps legs, throws hat, bangs head on desk, falls out, hollers, cries, and shouts some more!!
Yeah buddy that's what I'm talkin bout!!! Keep yo knife to yo-self!
yipppeeee iiiiii oooooohhhhhh yiiiiiippppppeeeeeeiiiiiii aaaaaayyyyyy I'm back in the saddle again! Singing glory glory hallelujah glory glory hallelujah!

19 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I'm singing, laughing, shouting, and crying GREAT BIG tears of joy right along with you (but I am definitely NOT banging my head anywhere).

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

My prayers will continue . . .

Tricia said...

Congratulations! I am SO GLAD you got such a GOOD REPORT at the doctor!!! God is good to us, isn't He?

Flea said...

Woohoo!!! Praise God!!! Keep pumping that vitamin D!!!

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Praise God, Amen! Hang in there!!

Michelle said...

SO glad for you!

kitter said...

WHOO-HOO!!!!!

joanne said...

FAN-FLIPPIN-TASTIC!

Chris H said...

WOOO HOOO KD, that is the best news I have heard for ages!
I'm thrilled to bits for you.
{{{HUGS}}}

Rosie_Kate said...

Yaaaaay!!!!! :-)

theProvidentWoman said...

Hey keep surgery at bay as long as you can. Go you! Have fun going back to work! Oh wait, those are two words that shouldn't be in the same sentence, fun and work. Unless you have a job you truely love.

WudWerkr said...

Excellent news hope it continues in that same direction

Laura ~Peach~ said...

smiles and hugs.., if you want some aswesome vit d info let me know

Twisted Fencepost said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you.
I hope in three months you can look back and wonder why you were so worried.
God IS good, huh?!

Heidi said...

HOORAY!!!! for you - are you trying to make me pee my pants!?!?! I mean really - after 3 kids I dont need any help getting there!!! LOL SO GLAD for you to be able to go back to work and that you feel better. Health is so important to our mental well being also! LOVE YOU!!!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

How exciting!! How wonderful for you! Thank you Lord for wrapping Karen in your arms!

Tracy said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well Karen. It's really true that the our health is everything...and so many people take it for granted. Honestly, I say a little gratitude prayer every day that I'm able to get my rear end out of bed...all by myself! Good for you!! Makes me happy:))

Tracy said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well Karen. It's really true that the our health is everything...and so many people take it for granted. Honestly, I say a little gratitude prayer every day that I'm able to get my rear end out of bed...all by myself! Good for you!! Makes me happy:))

Kathy said...

How PERFECT! Yeehaw!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! That is awesome Karen! You crack me up!