Saturday, May 30, 2009

Picture Update--The Winner Is?



This is my finished wind chime. It cost me about $25, to make it. Jimmy cut a piece of copper pipe from the plumbing section of the hardware store. The pipe was $10, the beads were $15, including the geode. How do you like it?

Tigger and Cali

Look at these plants already!


I'm working this weekend. But I wanted to show you how big the plants are getting in the garden. We planted seeds too, and late. This is what hot humid weather and rain do, see it's not all bad.
I got out my flat iron for my frizzy hair, I have been looking like a poodle. It's humid. What's good for the garden is not so good for the gardener.

Another update. I am just stunned that Susan Boyle did not win Britain's Got Talent. I have seriously never watched that show or American Idol either. Yikes, a true confession, but sorry just not my cup of tea. The dance group was fantastic but they weren't even in the same league. I hope the Queen invites her to come and perform her. I'm sick to death of the youth culture thing and all the hoop de doo of show biz. They had a chance to embrace "the biggest wake up call ever," and blew it.

I don't know who will help her make a CD but I'm buying. She really belongs on stage she loves it. I just hope she isn't devastated. All this pressure has been rough on her, it would be on anybody. the press can drive anyone nuts. What did you think? Did you think Susan should have won?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Your windchime is adorable, and your garden is very healthy looking.

I didn't see the dance group, but I heard that Susan Boyle hurt her chances by dropping the F bomb. Who knows.. I also heard that Simon Cowle is pretty much taking her on a US tour. She should do quite good. I'll buy her CD.

Becky said...

LOVE the windchime! You are so creative.

I didn't watch the Britian's Got Talent. But I did watch American Idol. :-)

Your garden looks lovely. Wait, hold up your hands... just as I thought ... both thumbs green.

joanne said...

I didn't understand why the dance groups and the singers were all together but then I didn't watch the show at all until tonight. I think she hur her own chances with her behaviour this last week, but I agree she is fantastic and will probably make many CD's.
Have a good weekend.

Angela said...

I too hope she gets invited by the Queen....I'm heading over now to your other post about the mark. Been thinking about it ever since I read it yesterday. Want to head over to the link that someone else shared with us through the comments...

noble pig said...

Beautiful chime!

And yeah, it was the same for American Idol...the erson who most talented didn't win. It really annoyed me and she should have won!

Chris H said...

I love your wind chime! Very pretty.
Susan Boyle... such a shock she didn't win. NOw she's in rehab... poor woman.

Trudy said...

I love the chimes--it was very creative.

I didn't see the dance group, cause I was only interested in Susan Boyle on youtube. She was amazing and if a cd comes out, I'll definitely buy it. I didn't know about the F-bomb thing--I knew she shook her "booty" a little, but that was just a little cute thing she did. I hope her spirit isn't broken, when the judges built her up so high--she may have been pretty sure she'd win.

Flea said...

The chime is darling! How does it sound?

I just finished the best book! Things Left Unsaid, by Eva Marie Everson. It takes place in Georgia, near Savannah. :)

WudWerkr said...

she has a beautifull voice no doubt , however i would be concerned about her ability to deall with the stress of touring , and of some rejection . im sure like most of us she has dealt with some "poor treatment " by others in her life , however her having to be taken to the hosp. after is quite a wake up call . all that having been said , i dont watch ANY reality tv . " Seem my post Monday May 28th 2007"

Tracy said...

I don't watch those shows either. Like you said, it's just not my thing. I have heard Susan Boyle sing though (on the news) and she does have a lovely voice. I'm sure she'll be able to do something in music now that the public is aware of her. At least I hope so:)

Unknown said...

I love your wind chime! SO fantastic! Creative people just delight me to no end!

I was so sad about Susan Boyle also. Devestated!

Karen said...

I love coming here just to catch glimpses of your garden. You never fail to disappoint.

Cat Lady said...

AHHH STOP POSTING PICTURES OF MY FAT UGLY SELF! It makes me even more embarrased to see that the picture is "Up close and personal" !