Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ride Coffee Bean Ride (your bicycle)

Somewhere I must have evidence that I was once upon a time a bicyclist. I have been thinking about bicycles again with this new workout agenda I am on. This one is for Kelly over at Righteous Buzz. So how does a fat bottomed girl get back into the bike gig? Ride the flat land first. Find which gear you work best in. Breathe don't forget too breathe. For us we want lots of reps and not so much resistance because we are wanting to slim down not bulk up. When you get COMFORTABLE with your bike, and feel at ease with the gear changes; take on some hills. The way to get up a hill is to gear all the way up, and then,...
get up on your feet, just like when you were a little kid and did it naturally! Toe clips will give you power in your up stroke so you don't waste anything. I love hills, love speed and never wore a helmet. I bet I rode 35 to 40 miles an hour. It just wasn't my time to die. I hate bike helmets. Bike shorts are very cool, they are fancy spandex with padded britches and that helps with the soreness of your buns. You really cannot "sit" on the seat you have to use the seat but not just melt into it, or you will be one sore chicca. Hummnnn have I talked myself into it yet? Piglet has a really cool cruiser, I like to use gears myself. Remember 10 speeds, down puffy jackets, and big permed hair? Yep I had a 10 speed Bianchi racing bike. Why did I stop? I dunno musta been a brain damaged moment.
Speaking of silly moments, I was reading a blog where the lovely lady poured her coffee into her cereal by accident (she didn't say if she ate it) but I was thinking about that, with some cold half and half and something good and crunchy like maybe Honey Bunches of Oats, she may be on to something good and tasty,...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am cracking up! Unfortunately, there is no flat land here!

Thanks for that!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Ahhh freddie mercury... One of my all time favorite queen songs... I will never forget the first time martha heard fat bottom girls...It immediately became her theme song. I stopped riding my bike when i was pregnant with cory... i wish i had never stopped. he and stephanie bought bikes a couple years ago... I rode one of them maybe all of a mile and back...my fat bottom hurt for a solid week my shakey legs cried and my back and arms shook then shook some more :-( I am sure some poor kid was traumatized by the sight of my huge a$$ hiding the seat on the bike. Maybe riding in the dark very early in the am would be a better idea... sighs

Elysa said...

I've never forgotten how you said you used to strap your hair stylin' tools on the back of your bike and ride all over Southern Cal fixin' up "mature" ladies hair for them! :D

MaBunny said...

karen, go back to my Twistah post, lol I acidentaly hit the publish button before I had typed anything, ,lol.

Karen Deborah said...

Okie dokie girls lets go ridin!!
Fat bottom girls club!